Since first introducing our “Hacket” Giveaway in late March, we’ve fielded a number of suggestions on what to include in order to assemble a useable portable penetration testing kit concealed within the multiple interior pockets of a ScottEVest Transformer jacket. The majority of the so-called “wish list” of suggestions included a beefed-up small computer running Linux, as well as an array of preferred hacking and cracking tools. A few also included an integrated solar battery charger, and even a built-in CamelBak bladder. Hey, you got to keep yourself charged too. While all suggestions were considered, we narrowed the list down to a functional kit that any information security enthusiast would enjoy owning.
- ScottEVest Transformer Jacket with 20 interior pockets, coal, size large
- Gateway LT3119u Running Backtrack 5 R2 (AMD Athlon 64 X2 L310, 11.6″ HD LED LCD, 2 GB Memory, 250GB HDD)
- Alfa Networks AWUS036NH With Alfa Indoor APA-M04 7dBi Uni-directional Antenna
- Alfa Networks AWUS036NH with Alfa Indoor 9dBi SMA High-Gain Omni-Direction Antenna
- MetaGeek Wi-Spy 2.4x
- Apple iPod Touch 8GB with VNC for remote access to netbook, and Incipio EDGE Hard Shell case
- Southord MPXS-08 Lock Pick Set
- Books (Metasploit: The Penetration Tester’s Guide, BackTrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing, Practical Lock Picking: A Physical Penetration Tester’s Training Guide)
One lucky winner will receive the jacket and all its contents, May 9 at the Interop IT Expo and Conference in Las Vegas. Click here to register to win! Winners must be present at the conference with proof of valid identification. Good luck!